Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Apologetic Questions


1. As this is a round written as an apology for a round based on twitter, it seems appropriate to start with an apology over a tweet.  After the incident, Kutcher turned over his twitter account to his managers and apologized saying “My sincere apologies to anyone who I have offended, It was a mistake that will never happen again.”  The tweet he was apologizing for expressed outrage over the November 2011 firing of which iconic college football coach?

2. "There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way .... I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."  With these words, Jesse James apologized to America and also his wife, who he had cheated on with Michelle ‘Bombshell’ McGee.  Who was his wife at the time, who later divorced the famed motorcycle customizer?

3. "I know I have severely disappointed all of you…For all that I have done, I am so sorry. I have a lot to atone for ... I had affairs. I cheated. What I did is not acceptable. And I am the only person to blame. I stopped living by the core values that I was taught to believe in."  Nike later welcomed this golfer back as a spokesman, but his soon to be ex-wife Elin was less forgiving.  Who issued this apology?

4. "I felt it was time you hear directly from me that I am sorry. I cannot go into what happened, and most importantly am not going to sit here and make any excuses ... I take great pride in me being able to exercise self-control, and what I did was inexcusable.... I have told Rihanna countless times, and I am telling you today, that I am truly, truly sorry... Nobody is more disappointed in me than I am."  Who was this singer, who later felt so sorry towards Rihanna that he got a tattoo of a battered woman who looked a bit like her on his neck?

5. "I'm sooooo sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom ... I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment!... Beyonce's video was the best of this decade!!!"  Who issued this apology for interrupting Taylor Swift’s acceptance of a MTV VMA?

6. "I am sorry if anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance at the Super Bowl. It was not intentional and is regrettable." Which singer/actor issued this apology after exposing Janet Jackson’s right breast to America?

7. "It is important to me that everybody who has been hurt know that the sorrow I feel is genuine: First and most important, my family; also my friends, my staff, my Cabinet, Monica Lewinsky and her family, and the American people. I have asked all for their forgiveness."  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes it leads to an apology.  Who issued this apology in 1998?

8. "I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry.” Who made this apology to her on and off screen boyfriend after cheating on him with a 41 year old married director?

9. “Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops. My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troop, the air [force] and the navy did all that bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt, it is mine alone.”  What future US president wrote this letter in the event that the D-Day landings in France were unsuccessful?

10. “I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.”  America got those words, and his wife got a 4 million dollar ring from who?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Answers!

1- Joe Paterno

2- Sandra Bullock

3- Tiger Woods

4- Chris Brown

5- Kanye West

6- Justin Timberlake

7- Bill Clinton

8- Kristen Stewart

9- Dwight Eisenhower

10- Kobe Bryant